Listen up, folks! Before we even start talking turkey about creating a listing, we gotta get our hands dirty with the Google My Business ranking factors. Now, I know what you’re thinking – “what’s the deal with all these factors, and why should I care?” Well, let me tell you this – knowing these factors like the back of your hand is crucial for your listing to see the light of day and dominate the online game like a boss.
Google My Business, which they’ve now renamed Google Business Profile, is the real McCoy when it comes to Local SEO and online visibility. With over 88% of local searches resulting in a call or visit within 24 hours, and localized searches with “near me” growing by over 900%, it’s a no-brainer to get in on the action. Think about it, folks – when you search for “plumbers near me,” don’t you want the best and most relevant results right in your face?
And here’s the kicker – when it comes to product and service-related searches, Google (almost) always dishes out localized results. So, if you’re not on the map, you might as well be invisible.
As we all know, Google is the big daddy of search engines, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to be the king of the castle? So, let me give you the skinny on how to create your Google business page and rule the roost. Google My Business is the holy grail of free tools offered by the tech giant, which lets you take charge of your online presence, spanning across Google’s Search and Maps. To get in on the action, you gotta roll up your sleeves and get cracking on setting up a Google My Business page. It’s as easy as pie!
Here’s what you gotta do:
- Listen up, folks! To get the ball rolling on your Google My Business page, head on over to google.com/business like a boss.
- Once you’re there, don’t just stand there like a deer in headlights! Click on the “Start Now” button and get ready to rumble.
- Now, it’s time to get your Google account all warmed up. Sign in or create a new one – it’s as easy as pie!
- Input your business name and address, and make sure you confirm your location on the map so you don’t end up like a lost puppy in the digital world.
- To make things official, you gotta verify your business through phone or mail like a pro.
- Now, this is where the fun begins! Add all the categories, photos, and juicy details that’ll make your listing stand out like a diamond in the rough.
- Don’t stop there, folks! Optimize your listing by including relevant keywords and information that’ll make Google drool over your page.
- And last but not least, it’s time to give your customers a voice! Encourage them to leave reviews and share their experience with your business like it’s going out of style.
Written Tutorial (with photos):
Claiming your Google My Business profile like a true kingpin.
Alright, folks, it’s time to take control of your digital empire! This process involves proving to Google that you’re the big boss and can manage your business’s info like a pro. Here’s what you gotta do:
- Head on over to google.com/business and click on “Start Now” like you mean it.
- Search for your business by name or address like a savvy detective.
- If your business is already listed, click on “Claim this business” like it’s a treasure map leading to riches.
- Next, you’ll have to verify your ownership by phone or mail like a VIP. It’s just another day in the life of a successful entrepreneur, right?
- Once you’ve verified your business, you’ll have full control to edit and manage your Google My Business profile like a true king. So go ahead, claim that profile like it’s nobody’s business!
If your business isn’t on Google My Business, it’s time to add it in a snap. Just hit that “Add your business” button, and you’ll be asked to fill in some basic information like the name, address, and whatnot. Don’t forget to verify your business through a phone call or mail, but keep in mind that the process might take a while and differs depending on how you choose to do it. And hey, make sure you’re giving your customers the correct and updated deets so they can find you pronto.
Set up your primary business category.
When building your Google My Business profile, it’s crucial to select the right primary business category. This helps Google recognize what kind of business you’re running and how to properly sort it in search results.
Select your primary category from a list of options. When you enter your business details, you’ll be asked to pick a primary category from a list of choices. It’s essential to choose the category that best fits your business. If there are additional categories that apply to your business, you can add them as well.
The right category equals better search results. Picking the correct category can help your business appear in the right search results. This makes it easier for customers to find your business. For example, if you’re running a pizza joint, choose “Pizza Restaurant” as your primary category. This will increase your chances of appearing when someone searches for “pizza restaurants near me.”
Listen up folks, this is a crucial step in optimizing your Google My Business profile. You gotta use keywords that scream your business category and your products and services in the name and description of your business. This will make it easier for customers to find you when they search for those keywords.
Don’t stop there, folks! You gotta add your business hours, phone number, and website link so that customers can easily contact you and find your business. Trust me, it’s all about making it as easy as possible for your customers to find you and get in touch.
Add your address!
Listen up, because this is important. When you’re setting up your Google My Business profile, don’t forget to add your business address. If you’ve got a brick-and-mortar location, be sure to enter the full address, from the street name to the postal code. This will get you on Google Maps, which means customers can find you faster than they can say “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”
But what if you’re a home-based business or a service provider without a physical storefront?
No problemo. Just select the “I deliver goods and services to my customers” option, and enter your service area. You won’t be on Google Maps, but you’ll still show up in search results for customers in your area who are looking for what you offer.
You will still have to enter an address for verification purposes, but itf you selected “No” here, then that address will only be used for verification and won’t be shown on your listing anywhere.
If you’re running a service-based business, take note that your business won’t show up on Google Maps. However, it will appear in Google Search and Maps search results when potential customers search for your business category in your service area. Make sure to enter your service area border cities in the next step!
You gotta make it easy for customers to reach out to you.
And that’s why adding your phone number and website to your Google My Business profile is a must.
If you have a booking form where your customers can simply book online, like our awesome Bizvalet booking system, you’re in the gold. Providing an easy ability of your clients to simply buy your service will get you more clients.
Otherwise, your digits and website will be front and center on your Google listing, so customers can hit you up real quick. By adding your phone number and website, you’re allowing customers to easily book appointments or inquire about your products and services. And if your website has a dope booking form, like the ones that bizvalet hooks you up with, then it’s game over, baby! Customers can easily schedule appointments and reserve their spot.
Don’t forget to keep your contact info up-to-date on your Google listing. That way, customers always have the right digits and website to reach you. Keep the communication flowing, and you’ll be a Google My Business master in no time.
You gotta give your customers the 411 on when your business is open for business.
That’s why it’s crucial to add your business hours to your Google My Business profile. This way, customers won’t be left in the dark and they’ll know exactly when they can hit you up.
Also, if you’re a social butterfly and have a social media presence, make sure to add those links to your Google My Business profile too. This will make it super easy for your customers to find and follow you on their favorite social media platforms.
Having a complete and up-to-date Google My Business profile is not just important, it’s essential. It helps to boost your visibility in search results, and makes it a no-brainer for customers to find and get in touch with you. So, don’t be a slacker and make sure to keep your profile up-to-date at all times.
It’s crucial that you add your services (be specific) to your Google My Business profile.
This way, your potential customers can know exactly what you offer and if it fits their needs. But, here’s the kicker, when adding your services, you gotta be specific! Don’t just say “haircuts,” list out “men’s haircuts,” “women’s haircuts,” “children’s haircuts,” “beard trims,” and “hair coloring.” This makes it easier for your customers to know exactly what you can do for them.
But that’s not all! You can also add prices, photos, and videos of your services. This not only helps your customers understand what you offer better but also entices them to visit your website or contact you. So, don’t be a chump, add your services and make it easy for your customers to get what they want!
If you want to step up your game and increase customer engagement, then you gotta enable messaging on your Google My Business profile. It’s free and allows customers to directly message your business from Google. That’s right, they can just shoot you a text from your profile!
When a customer messages your business, you’ll get the message on your phone or email, whichever you prefer. You can then respond to their message pronto and show them you’re on top of your game. This is a great way to boost customer satisfaction and keep them coming back for more. So don’t wait, enable messaging now and show your customers you mean business!
Here are the steps to enable messaging on your Google My Business profile:
- First things first, you gotta sign in to your Google My Business account. No brainer, right?
- Select the listing that you want to enable messaging on. Pick the one that you want to chat with your customers on.
- Next up, go to the “Info” tab. It’s the one with all the juicy details about your business.
- Scroll down until you see the “Messaging” section. This is where the magic happens.
- Flip that toggle switch on! It’s like turning on the lights in a dark room.
- Add a phone number or email address where you want to receive the messages. This is where the messages will come flooding in.
And that’s it! Just a few simple steps and you’re ready to chat with your customers like a boss.
But remember, your business needs to be verified before you can enable messaging. And make sure to check your messages regularly and respond to them quickly. That way, you’ll keep your customers happy and engaged.
Adding a business description
to your Google My Business profile is a must-have. This is your chance to showcase what makes your business so damn amazing, and why customers should choose you over anyone else.
When writing your business description, forget about stuffing it with keywords, that’s old news. Instead, focus on quality content that clearly communicates your unique selling points and benefits for the customer.
Here are some tips to help you write a killer business description:
- Highlight what makes your business stand out in your industry
- Focus on the benefits for the customer
- Use specific examples to illustrate what your business does and what you can offer
- Keep it short and sweet, around 150-200 characters will do the trick.
A great business description can help your business stand out in search results, leading to more clicks and engagement. And remember, you can always update it if you need to make changes, so keep it fresh, keep it enticing, and keep those customers coming in!
A well-crafted business description can work wonders for your business, helping customers understand what you do and why you’re the best in the game. Not only that, but it can also give you an edge over your competitors in search results, boosting your website traffic and bringing in more leads. And hey, if you ever feel like your description needs a refresh, don’t sweat it! You can always update it whenever you need to, no problem.
Adding a logo
is crucial to your branding game, it’s like putting your business’s face on steroids. To get started, hop on to your Google My Business profile, and select the listing you want to make a logo for. Go to the “Photos” tab and click the “Add photo” button to upload your logo file from your computer. Be sure to upload a JPG or PNG image with the correct size of 720 x 720 pixels, or you’ll be left with a blurry mess. When you upload your logo, you’re one step closer to making your business stand out and be recognized in search results.
Step by step guide to adding a logo:
- Log into your Google My Business account like a champ.
- Choose the listing you want to add a logo to and show it some love.
- Go ahead and click on the “Photos” tab like a boss.
- Click on that “Add photo” button and let’s do this!
- Find the logo file on your computer that you want to upload, like a true pro.
- Ensure that the logo is the correct size – 720 x 720 pixels – and is in either JPG or PNG format. No room for errors, pal.
- Give it one last look-over, and then click on that “Upload” button to make it official!
Adding a logo to your Google My Business profile is a savvy move to set yourself apart from the pack and let your brand shine. However, you don’t want to slap any old logo up there, you want to make sure it represents your business well and is easy on the eyes. And don’t forget the fine print – make sure the logo isn’t copyrighted or Google may give you the boot. So, invest some time in selecting a logo that accurately reflects your business and speaks to your audience. Once you’ve got the perfect one, sit back and watch your brand recognition soar.
You gotta add some killer pics
to your Google My Business profile, ya hear me? A cover photo and some other great snaps of your crew, location, or even some before and after pics of your past jobs can really make your business shine. And let’s be real, who doesn’t like a good visual?
Here’s how to add photos to your Google My Business profile:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account
- Select the listing you want to add photos to
- Click on the “Photos” tab
- Click on the “Add photo” button
- Select the photos you want to upload from your computer
- Make sure your photos are high quality and show off your business in the best light
- Click on the “Upload” button
Boom! Now you’re ready to impress potential customers with some snazzy pics.
Having high-quality photos on your Google My Business profile can help your business stand out in search results and give customers a better understanding of what your business does.
Add the opening date to your Google My Business profile, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account
- Choose the listing you want to add the opening date to
- Click on the “Info” tab
- Scroll down to the “Opening date” section
- Click on the “Edit” button
- Choose the opening date from the calendar
- Click on the “Apply” button
Having an opening date on your Google My Business profile is dope for your customers. It lets them know how long you’ve been hustling and grinding, and how much experience you’ve racked up in your field. Don’t forget to show off your longevity and expertise!
You can also add attributes
to your Google My Business profile. Attributes are additional pieces of juicy information about your business, like whether you have a drive-thru, wheelchair accessibility, or outdoor seating. To add these seductive attributes:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account
- Select the listing you want to add attributes to
- Click on the “Info” tab
- Scroll down to the “Attributes” section
- Click on the “Edit” button
- Choose the attributes that apply to your business, make sure they are sizzling hot!
- Click on the “Apply” button and wait for the magic to happen.
Adding attributes can help customers understand what your business brings to the table and whether it satisfies their cravings. For instance, if your business is a hip coffee shop with chill vibes and outdoor seating, that can be some alluring information for customers who want to sip their coffee and bask in the sun.
Verifying your Google My Business listing
is the key to unlocking the doors to customers finding your business. Without verification, your business may be lost in the vast sea of online businesses. You’ll need to have a verifiable address, which is the physical location of your business, and prove that you’re the big shot owner or representative of the business with the authority to manage its information on Google.
Google offers a few ways to verify your listing, so pick your poison:
- Postcard Verification: Google will send a postcard to your business address with a verification code. Keep your eyes peeled for it in the mail.
- Phone Verification: Google will give you a ring on your business phone number and give you the goods with a verification code.
- Email Verification: Google will shoot you an email to your registered email address with a verification code. Check your inbox!
Remember, the verification process may take some time, so it’s best to get on top of it ASAP to ensure that your business is visible in search results and on Google Maps.
If you want to boost your business and get ahead of the competition, you gotta start collecting Google reviews, and lots of them! Google reviews are like gold when it comes to building trust with potential customers and showing them that you’re the real deal.
So, how do you get those precious reviews, you ask? It’s simple! First, make sure your Google My Business listing is verified.
Then, log into Google business and click on the “Ask for Reviews” button on your listing to get your unique review link.
Share that link with your happy customers and encourage them to leave a review.
Don’t just stop there! Add a link to your Google review page on your website, email signature, and even in your in-person interactions with customers. Make it easy for them to leave a review, and don’t forget to respond to both positive and negative reviews.
Keep in mind, Google has strict guidelines about fake reviews and incentivizing reviews. So, don’t even think about it! Just focus on providing excellent service to your customers and the reviews will come naturally.
In the end, collecting Google reviews is a must-do for any business that wants to succeed. It helps to improve your visibility in search results and gives potential customers a glimpse of what they can expect from your business. So, get out there and start collecting those reviews like a pro!
Track your performance.
Google My Business Insights is a killer tool that gives you the lowdown on how your listing is performing in the online jungle. It provides you with some serious data and metrics that’ll have you feeling like a boss, such as the number of views and clicks your listing has received, how customers are finding your listing, and more.
To access this tool, you gotta sign in to your Google My Business account, select your listing, and click on the “Insights” tab. That’s where the magic happens. You’ll be able to see some crazy stats about your listing, like:
Views: How many times your listing has been eyeballed on Google
Actions: The number of clicks to your website or calls to your business
Discovery: How your customers found your listing, whether it’s through search results or Google Maps
Audience: Demographic information about your customers, like where they’re from and how old they are
This intel is crucial if you wanna understand how customers are interacting with your listing and make some smart decisions about how to improve your visibility in search results. Trust me, if you wanna be on top of your game, you gotta check out Google My Business Insights.
In summary, verifying your Google My Business listing is the key to unlock your business’s visibility and it’s a must-do to show up in those coveted search results. This little process ensures that your business information is accurate and, most importantly, that you are the real deal – the official representative of your business. Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on potential customers just because you didn’t verify your listing. So get on it, and get verified!